On November 29, 2023, in the auditorium of the Gastronomic and Hotel School Complex in Sandomierz, a ceremony took place to present the painting “View of Sandomierz from the Vistula River” to the school by the Józef Szermentowski State High School of Fine Arts in Kielce. The impressive artwork (300-170 cm) inspired by Józef Szermentowski’s painting “View of Sandomierz from the Vistula River” was created by the high school students with the support of their teachers.
Representing the “PLASTYKA” from Kielce were:
– School Director Maria Kowalczyk
– Deputy Director Małgorzata Surma
– Drawing and Painting Teacher Jordan Sobierajski
– School students
Guests from Sandomierz included:
– Paweł Niedźwiedź – Deputy Starost of Sandomierz County
– Jerzy Kosanowski – project initiator
– Monika Borycka-Burek – Dormitory Director
– Urszula Chabel – President of the “Sandomierska Marmolada” School Supporters Club
– Joanna Wiechnicka – Chairperson of the ZSGiH Parents’ Council
Bogusława Chruściel, Deputy Director of ZSGiH, thanked everyone for their participation in the ceremony, referring to J.W.Goethe’s quote, “We must support beauty because it is created by a few and needs many.” The event was enhanced by performances prepared by the school’s artists according to the script by Polish language teacher Katarzyna Krakowiak, as well as exhibitions related to Sandomierz and local products. Refreshments for the ceremony participants were prepared by students from the gastronomy classes under the supervision of Krzysztof Jonaszek, Edyta Młodochowska, and Marta Bator – vocational subjects teachers. The youth from the technical school, under the direction of Grażyna Siemaszek, took care of the efficient service for the guests.